*We are currently booked through mid-October.*
We do NOT take consignments. We only conduct onsite sales at full estates.
HOW DO OUR ESTATE SALES WORK?
We host onsite sale events in the City of Charlottesville and Albemarle County that are heavily attended, so you must be willing to allow our customers onto your property during the open sale hours. We set up your property as a large store, and price all items for shoppers. We sell most any personal items and furnishings including jewelry, sterling silver, tools, furniture, antiques, collectibles, art, books, toys, linens and more. We advertise and market the sale to attract customers throughout the weekend. All items are priced to reflect the current market, and to sell during our sale events.
- Step 1:
- We first determine if an estate sale is the right course of action for your situation. Email or call us with your location, sale time-frame, and a general description of what you have to sell. If we are able to assist you, we will then schedule an initial on-site consultation. A good resource for determining if you are in need of an estate sale is this blog from The American Society of Estate Liquidators: DO I NEED TO HAVE AN ESTATE SALE?
- Step 2:
- We review our contract with you and schedule the sale weekend. Please note that we do have an estimated sale minimum, and work only in non-smoking and mold-free homes.
- Step 3:
- We begin working on sorting, organizing, setting up and pricing your items. Two weeks are preferred to allow for thorough review of all items.
- Step 4:
- All items are available for purchase during the sale event, with gradual discounts. We are keenly aware of market sale trends and do comprehensive research to price all items accurately and fairly.
- Step 5:
- At the sale conclusion we will follow your instructions on what items you may want to keep or donate to local charities. We will donate on your behalf.
- Step 6:
- We will leave your home in broom-clean condition, or arrange for professional cleaning.
- Step 7:
- You will receive a check for your portion of the sale proceeds in a timely manner, usually within 7-10 days post-sale.
Our two main goals for clients are to 1) Sell every available item and 2) Maximize your sale proceeds.
Our comprehensive marketing strategies include email blasts, print advertising, social media, and directional signage. On sale days we have ample staff available to assist customers and monitor your property.
We are aware that every circumstance is different, and we are sensitive to your needs. Our initial one-hour on-site consultation with you is confidential. Trust is the foundation on which our company was founded. Please email us to find out how we can assist you.